Friday, August 03, 2007

Letter to Employees at Cliché Inc.

Although the quarterly profits are down I see the glass as half-full. I can clearly see the forest through the trees. Remember each of you has a responsibility to be at the top of your game at all times. I expect employees to give 110% 24/7 because competition is fierce and it’s a dog-eat-dog world and money never sleeps.

I lead by example and actions speak louder than words. We all have to tighten our belts and cut expenses. So, we have decided to reduce the workforce by 10%. I not only talk the talk I walk the walk. Therefore I’ve decided to give myself a 10% decrease in pay this month. The affected employees will be notified in two weeks. There are no sacred cows here. Believe me when I tell you this hurts me as much as it hurts you. We will do everything humanly possible to help those affected by the reduction.

Tough times don’t last, tough people do. We have to keep our eyes on the ball and our heads in the game. Remember it’s not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.

Of course, I understand you all are working like dogs, so Thank God it’s Friday (TGIF). I hope you get some rest and relaxation (R&R) this weekend. Come Monday I expect you all to hit the ground running. Remember, today is the first day of the rest of your life and the early bird gets the worm.

I look forward to seeing all of you at the meeting next Wednesday morning for all employees and I expect you will be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. I will answer all questions to the best of my ability. You can ask anything you wish; no holds barred. Remember there is no such thing as a stupid question. If you don’t feel comfortable asking your question in front of others, we can meet afterward and I will take your question offline.

Always remember I think of you as family…not immediate family, but more like third cousins once removed.

Best Regards,
Hugh R. Dunn

CEO Cliché Inc

No comments: