Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Yo Adrienne, Tell Dem You was Doin’ Da Steroids!

Actor Sylvester Stallone pleaded guilty to bringing vials of a restricted muscle-building hormone into Australia. Lawyers for the 60-year-old star of the "Rocky" and "Rambo" movies entered the guilty plea on behalf of the actor, who did not appear in the Sydney court room.

I would have loved for Sly to try and defend himself to the Australian judge. That would have been CourtTV at it’s finest. He would taken a worse beating from the judge than he took from Apollo Creed, Clubber Lang, and Ivan Drago combined. “Yo judge I love kangaroos and The Wiggles. Sorry about what happened to Steve Irwin. Russell Crowe is my favorite Australian born actor, besides Paul Hogan. If you do send me to the brink can I serve my time with the women in cellblock H?”

The judge would reply “Mr Stallone it’s apparent those fight scenes weren’t fake after all. Maybe you should have filmed those scenes wearing protective headgear. And just for future reference Russell Crowe was born in New Zealand, not Australia”

Stallone was accused of bringing a banned substance into Australia after a customs search of his luggage during a Feb. 16 visit to Sydney revealed 48 vials of the human growth hormone product, Jintropin.

Apparently Stallone is as dopey as he looks. He was quoted as saying “If I was a kangaroo I could have hidden the drugs in my pouch, then I could’ve kicked the security guards real hard if they tried to search my pouch”

Human growth hormone, a naturally occurring substance that can be replicated synthetically and is used to build muscle mass, is considered a performance enhancing drug in Australia and it cannot be imported without a permit from the national drug regulator, the Therapeutic Goods Administration.

Stallone faces a maximum penalty of a $22,000 fine. Sentencing information was not released, and Stallone's lawyers made no immediately comment. During his visit to Australia, Stallone shrugged off the airport incident. "It was just a minor misunderstanding," Stallone told reporters "They were just doing their jobs. I just didn't understand some of the rules here. But I really didn’t think they had rules here. Wasn’t this place a prison colony? I saw a show about that on the History Channel once, or was it the Disney Channel?”

No comments: