Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The Stare

My wife’s grandmother will stare at you when you say something that she thinks is inappropriate. She doesn’t say a word, but the stare speaks volumes. It is like standing in front of the firing squad. You get less radiation from an MRI than you get from the stare.

She is really old, so she sometimes gives you the stare you didn’t deserve for something she thought you said. We were over my wife’s cousin house and said to her “nice rack” is it new, or did you have it fixed.

The last time I was here it was hanging lower (I get the stare). I was talking about her new wine rack, last time I was there the wine was kept in the cabinets near the floor.I said Honey “I’ll be right back I have to drain the lizard before we leave” (I get the stare)I was talking about my son’s toy lizard that that was full of water, I wanted to dump it out we wouldn’t wet the car seats.

I had third degree burns from the stare by the end of the visit.

No comments: